Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MUBARAK WELCOMES CALL FOR PROBE (PAGE 16, JAN 15, 2010)

THE former Minister of Youth and Sports, Alhaji Mohammed Muntaka Mubarak, has welcomed the decision by a political pressure group, the Progressive Nationalist Front (PNF), to drag him to the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) over allegations of abuse of power and conflict of interest.
The former minister, who is also the MP for Asawase, told the Daily Graphic that whoever was behind the CHRAJ action should know that “l welcome the probe”
“I know I have done nothing wrong and I am ready to appear before the CHARJ whenever I am invited,” he said
Reacting to a report in an Accra private newspaper yesterday that the group had also asked the CHRAJ to investigate his travelling with his girlfriend to Germany, the former minister said all the allegations were baseless.
“They should bear in mind that going to the CHRAJ does not mean they have a case.
“I went to the ministry to serve my nation and I resigned on principle,” he stressed.
According to him, any objective person would easily know that people wanted to play politics with all that happened to him at the ministry.
“I have said it and let me repeat that the woman was not my girlfriend and I wonder why people still want to be so cruel about this,” he said.
The Asawase MP indicated that if he had done anything wrong the investigations carried out on the order of the President would have found him culpable.
Alhaji Mubarak said all those who claimed that he wrote a letter in respect of the visa request for the woman in question should be ready to produce that letter.

No comments: