Friday, September 24, 2010


From Kwame Asare Boadu, Kumasi

A 35-YEAR-OLD man narrowly escaped death after a snake bit his genitals while using a pit latrine at Jacobu in the Ashanti Region.
Doctors at the local hospital worked very hard to save the life of the victim, Paul Agyekum, when he was rushed there for treatment.
A neighbour who identified himself as Ben Owusu, told The Mirror that the incident happened at about 3 p.m. on September 12.
According to Owusu, Agyekum was the only one who was using the facility at that period.
“We had to use a rope to tie the manhood to prevent the poison from the bite from getting to the upper part of the body before he was rushed to the hospital,” Owusu said.
According to him, the latrine was used by people in the area where the incident occurred.
He said while standing outside with others, they saw Agyekum with his trousers dropped to the knee, shouting for help.
He said when they enquired from him what had happened he narrated that a snake had bitten him on the tip of his genital from the pit.
The neighbour stated that they rushed him to the local hospital where he was admitted.
A hospital source confirmed the story and said the man was treated and discharged the very day of the incident.

No comments: